Greeting Grognards and Young Guard!
In my pursuit to reduce the pile of shame, I finally built some landing craft that were purchased with the intent of recreating the D-Day landings and running a game on the anniversary of the landings.
Well, running a D-Day game continues to be an epic fail, but I have at least finally pulled the models from the pile, assembled and painted them.
I elected to keep them simple and not apply numbers or signage. One detail I did add, was to create ramp templates to signify when the ramps are dropped, because the ramps are glued in place.
The LCVs or Landing Craft, Vehicles are from Old Glory Shipyard. There are 2 models total. I purchased these from Old Glory back in 2009(?) when I went to Fall-In one year. These models easily hold my 1:50 scale Corgi diecast Sherman tanks, one per vessel.
The LCPs or Landing Craft, Personnel are 3D prints purchased from an online eBay vendor. There are 5 models in total. These can 'represent' a 10-man squad but roughly hold 5-6 28mm models without jamming them in the boat. The round figure bases take up a bit of space, but people will get the idea.
I'm currently working on a pair of blasters for a Mandalorian cosplay. I hope to be able to post them next time.
Until then, drop the ramps, hit the beach and GAME ON!
PAINTED MINIATURES SCOREBOARD:
2021 Painted Miniatures: 169
2022 Painted Miniatures: 214
2023 Painted Miniatures: 544
2024 Painted Miniatures: 174
2025 Painted Miniatures: 103
2026 Painted Miniatures: 10




No comments:
Post a Comment