Wednesday, August 23, 2023

In the Eye of the Beholder

 8/23/23


Hello fellow Grognards and Young Guard!


Below is a quick post on a single mini project.  This model is by Wizards of the Coast (WOTC) from their D&D line.  Once I saw this mini, I new I wanted to paint it.  It was a challenge to create the eyes as well as get the wet gums and teeth.


I used the pre-painted model in online pictures as my paint guide.  One of the eyes had to be re-sculpted a bit, as it had a clear "beam" attached to it.  I cut the beam off and then cleaned up the eye.  Hopefully you can't see which one it was (...I'm not telling).


I'm pretty proud of this model, having tried some new techniques and was happy with the outcome.


I've been painting armies recently and it takes a toll.  I find that I just need one of these single model or terrain projects to break up the madness.


Hoping to put this Beholder on the table in my Fistful of Lead Core or Fantasy games.




Remember...Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder...Hope you enjoy!


GAME ON!


PAINTED MINIATURES SCOREBOARD:

2021 Painted Miniatures: 169

2022 Painted Miniatures: 214

2023 Painted Miniatures: 153

No comments:

Post a Comment