Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Han Solo Blaster

 

Greeting fellow Grognards and Young Guard!


As I said, there would be more to follow soon, and here you have it!  Today I'm posting a little project I've been working on for Dragon Con 2024.  Can't say too much, but maybe the below will give you a little clue.


The kit is a 3D printed multi-part kit of Han Solo's blaster from Star Wars A New Hope.


After cleaning up the remains of supports, sanding surfaces and gluing this together, I gave it two coats of flat black spray primer- base coat.


After letting it dry, I went at making it look worn and used.  I only need to find to screws that will fit into the handle to look like those used to keep the handle grips in place.


After painting, I gave it two coats of matte clear coat for durability.


I had a lot of fun putting this one together and weathering it.  I'll count this as one mini for tracking purposes and that takes me to '100' minis painted for the year on the record.


Remember, Han shot first!   GAME ON!









PAINTED MINIATURES SCOREBOARD:

2021 Painted Miniatures: 169

2022 Painted Miniatures: 214

2023 Painted Miniatures: 544

2024 Painted Miniatures:  100 (more to come...SOON!)

No comments:

Post a Comment