Thursday, September 8, 2022

Fistful of Lead - game markers

 Welcome fellow Grognards and Young Guard!  Today I thought I'd bring you a quick look at some markers I made for Fistul of Lead from Wiley Games, using copies of their free PDF file for the markers and some wooden chips from the wood craft section at Hobby Lobby.

The chips used are somewhere between the size of a nickel and a quarter.  They come 12 to a pack, which is very convenient as the paper markers come in groups of 8 or so.  You can work out the numbers needed easily (even using the NEW math of today's schools!)

After wood gluing each marker which I cut in the shape of a circle (or attempted to do so) to one side of the wooden nickels, I let them dry.  I then painted acrylic paint around and sometimes onto the marker to give them a unique look.

Once painted on each side and given time to dry, I brushed on gloss Mod Podge to protect the paper marker, the paint and give them so shine.  Below is the fruits of my labor!





Of course, you can avoid all of this silliness and purchase your markers directly from Wiley Games!

Whichever way you chose, you will find them fairly inexpensive.

So, when the chips are down, keep your poker face firm and GAME ON!


PAINTED MINIATURES SCOREBOARD:

2021 Painted Miniatures: 169

2022 Painted Miniatures: 214

No comments:

Post a Comment