Sunday, March 31, 2024

Monopose Marine Miniature Mumblings Challenge (That's a lot of M's!)

 


Welcome Grognards and Young Guard to the first posting for 'Of Dice and Army Men - 2024'!


I'm long overdue to post paintings for the year, but that's not to say I haven't been busy...or something like that...

Anyway, below is a long pending post of my new Tiger Claw Space Marines that I put together in response to Kevin Dunne, of Miniature Mumblings, throwing down the gauntlet to the Facebook group. 

For those Grognards who remember the Warhammer 40,000 Compendium or "Red Book" as many call it, it had panels of "beakie" space marine chapter space schemes.  

Warhammer 40K Compendium 19891 Games Workshop


I had always wanted to do a chapter of Tiger Claws.  The Tiger Claws are from the 21st or 'Cursed Founding'.  Their main scheme replicates tiger stripes over a black base armor.


Warhammer 40,000 Compendium 1989 Games Workshop


At that time, my painting abilities were nowhere near capable of attempting the chapter pattern, let alone trying to freehand paint the Tiger Claw chapter badge on every marine's armor.  I defaulted my beakie marines to Blood Angels.  They are due for a revamp...maybe in 2025.

Fast forward something like 25 years later and we are at the Monopose Marine Miniature Mumblings Challenge - 2024!  The site owner/ Emperor, Kevin Dunne, challenged the group to paint up a monopose marine.  I thought I'd give it a crack! Unfortunately, it has taken a lot longer than originally anticipated.

I attempted to create water slide transfers for the Chapter Icon (ie. Tiger face) and the Marine function/ squad badges (ie. Tactical, Assault, Devastator), but it just didn't work out.

SOOOOOO....I had to default to hand paint consistent sized chapter and functions badges.  I worked out a Tiger face scheme that would 'look like a tiger' from a reasonable distance and have enough detail.

Of course, unfortunately, my inner army building nature just couldn't stop at one marine...so I built a squad!  Of course, I can't just stop at a squad, so I have a second Tactical squad in process.  Of course (this is where the inner madness takes over) could not stop at two squads so I'm now working on pulling together a 2nd/ 3rd Ed Tiger Claw Space Marine Army (including two Tactical Squads, Two Devastator Squads, Two Assault Squads, three Attach Bikes, Two Squads of Bikes, Two dreadnoughts, Rhinos and Predators.  MADNESS!!!!

Well, hope you enjoy!  I really like these guys and can't wait to get them on the table, some day...

TIGER CLAWS - 6th Company, 5th Tactical Squad


TIGER CLAWS - Sergeant




TIGER CLAWS - Flamer






TIGER CLAWS - Missile Launcher








TIGER CLAW - Tactical Marine w/ Bolter










Until Next Time...May the Emperor Protect...and GAME ON!

PAINTED MINIATURES SCOREBOARD:

2021 Painted Miniatures: 169

2022 Painted Miniatures: 214

2023 Painted Miniatures: 544

2024 Painted Miniatures:  10 (more to come...SOON!)

No comments:

Post a Comment